Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Cheesecake

We had our November birthday dinner at my in-laws last night, and I made this cheesecake. Perri gave me the recipe, and it is pretty good. I didn't process the graham cracker crumbs long enough, so the crust doesn't look too good. I also cut back on the amount of chocolate chips to one cup, and it was still rich enough.

Can anyone tell me how to move a cheesecake off of the springform pan bottom and onto a plate? I always keep it on the pan, but if I wanted to make one for someone else, I wouldn't know how to transfer it.



2 comments:

Perri said...

Put the bottom of the pan in the springform pan UPSIDE DOWN. This allows the cheesecake to just be slid off onto another plate or serving dish.

I buy pretty glass plates at yard sales during the summer to use as giveaway plates for my cheesecakes.

VaQueenBee said...

So, before I bake I put the bottom in upside down and tighten it. Then I make the crust, filling, etc? I've never heard of this!

That's a great idea about buying the plates. I'll have to remember that!

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."