Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Taters & Maters

Neal planted sweet potatoes for me again this year. I say he planted them for "me" because it's true. He hates sweet potatoes! That's one of his "love gifts" to me. Not only is it a true love gift by planting them, he also eats them when I make them. He does admit though that our home grown sweet potatoes taste better than any store bought we've ever had.

My favorite way to make them is bake them, but with some of these 'taters, they're just way too big to bake.


To give you a better perspective on how big they are, look at them next to the tomatoes. These babies are huge! And we have a ton of them! There are some that are normal size, and I'll use them for baking.


I took "one" of these potatoes Saturday and washed, peeled (let me tell you, that was a job!), and thinly sliced it. Then I put the slices on two cookies sheets, salted them, and baked them until they were crisp. Sweet potato chips! Yummy!!!

Neal's favorite way for me to make them is to mash them like regular potatoes. I think he plays a game of pretend when he's eating them and imagines that they are white! LOL

1 comment:

Perri said...

Ben's car is awesome! He should be proud of himself.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."